Friday, July 31, 2009

For The Fourth Week Of Fitness, My Trainer Gave To Me...

...Another full body workout—yippee! Hey, wait a minute...the Ab-X is on here again? Twenty-five!?!? Seriously? Twenty-five reps on the Ab-X? What the hell?

Yes, sadly, week four saw the return of the Ab-X (also known as torture device extraordinaire). This week, Angel gave me another full-body workout:


Warm-Up 10 min

Squat to Overhead Press 12# 15 reps
Curtsy Squats 12# 15 reps

Cable Curls 20# 15 reps
Cable Tricep Pressdowns 40# 15 reps

Incline Chest Press 30# 15 reps
Dorsi Flexor 60# 15 reps

Ab-X 25 reps
Oblique Extensions 15 each side

Do three power sets.

This workout is one of my favorites despite having the Ab-X in there. I love the oblique extensions. I’ve often found myself not concentrating on my counting, and gone way past fifteen. I think my highest was somewhere around thirty. The squat to overhead press is a little tough by the third set, but I know from experience that soon enough it will get easier, and soon I’ll need to increase the weight to feel the effect of the exercise on my muscles.

In my next entry, my final workout with Angel, and the results of my nutrition coaching.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment