Wednesday, July 22, 2009

For The Third Week Of Fitness, My Trainer Gave To Me...

...A workout that is very easy.

By the third week of training sessions, Angel and I had started to bond a little (meaning I am less intimidated by her, and she realized I'm serious about this and not looking to waste my money). Therefore, when she said we were doing a lake walk for our workout I was excited to get the chance to talk to her a little.

The gym sits on the edge of a man-made lake (just about the only kind they have out here in Iowa—calm down, I know there are a few real lakes in far Northern Iowa, but here in Des Moines, they are all glorified ponds) that has a trail circling it that measures 1.22 miles. It’s part of a larger trail system that I have yet to explore. For my work out this week, Angel had me do the following:

Lake Walk

Wall Push-Ups 15 reps
Step-Ups 15 reps each side
Power set of two.

Lake Walk opposite direction

That’s it. The most painful part of this workout was the sunburn after the second day because I'm a dork and forgot to put on sunscreen. By the third day I was too burnt to go outside in the sun for any amount of time, so I did one of the other workouts inside.

This workout is great if you’re not feeling too good, or if you just don’t want anything too taxing that day. It’s also nice to just get outside and have a change of pace now and then too. Remember, this is my job, so I look at the same faces, and the same scenery every day just like you folks (only difference is, you’re making money, and I'm spending it).

Moral of this workout: It doesn’t always have to hurt. You don’t have to torture yourself every time you walk into the gym. You have permission to take it easy occasionally. Just don’t make a habit of it, or your results will suffer.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment