Sunday, March 8, 2009

Moving On

In September, it will have been seven years since I lost the baby. Since then, we have had a beautiful, mouthy, smart little girl, who keeps me on my toes, and can usually make me smile (sometimes when I'm trying to put her in time out and be mean. It takes all the wind out of your sails when you’re laughing as you set her in time out). I'm not going to lie, there was a lot of fear and anxiety when that second line showed up on that test, but things went well up until the last day. It pretty much went to shit when it came time to deliver, but that’s a story for another day and another blog.

She sometimes says to me, “Mama, do you want to be skinny?” What can I say to that? If I say no she asks why, if I say yes, she recites the line from the Relacore ad “You can lose belly fat!” There’s only one way to win. Go to the gym, work out, and get skinny. Ok, maybe that’s technically three, but the over all goal is singular: Don’t be fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment